Printer driver parameter deprecated - what now?

Tom Alsberg alsbergt at cs.huji.ac.il
Sun Mar 9 15:00:48 GMT 2003

On Sun, Mar 09, 2003 at 04:26:58PM +0200, Tom Alsberg wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 09, 2003 at 03:21:00PM +0100, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
> > I think that would be the 'setdriver' command from rpcclient - Tim,
> > does that sound correct?
>
> Uhmm...  I'm not sure.  So what do I do - create the share, create
> empty directories like 'w32x86' and 'win40' and then issue a setdriver
> RPC?

Well, I tried that, does not work, I get:

SetPrinter call failed!
result was NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL

I set my self in printer admin and in the write list of the [print$]
share.

By the way, amongst other things, while doing so in the server log I
see this:

[2003/03/09 16:56:38, 0] ../source/printing/print_cups.c:cups_queue_get(832)
  Unable to connect to CUPS server localhost - Connection refused

But I have 'printing = bsd' in smb.conf...

Why does it try to connect to a CUPS server?

  -- Tom

--
  Tom Alsberg - hacker (being the best description fitting this space)
  Web page:	http://www.cs.huji.ac.il/~alsbergt/