Printer driver parameter deprecated - what now?

Tom Alsberg alsbergt at cs.huji.ac.il
Sun Mar 9 14:26:58 GMT 2003

On Sun, Mar 09, 2003 at 03:21:00PM +0100, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 09, 2003 at 01:27:50PM +0200, Tom Alsberg wrote about 'Printer driver parameter deprecated - what now?':
> > <snip />
>
> I think that would be the 'setdriver' command from rpcclient - Tim,
> does that sound correct?

Uhmm...  I'm not sure.  So what do I do - create the share, create
empty directories like 'w32x86' and 'win40' and then issue a setdriver
RPC?

> Maybe we should have some more user-friendly option?

Might be helpful...  An parameter for the printer share in smb.conf
seems like the proper way to me.

> > Also, I did not really understand what section 13.2 in the document
> > ([print$] vs. [printer$]) is supposed to mean - there only [printer$]
> > is mentioned, while in the rest of the document only [print$] is
> > mentioned.
> The printer docs still need some updating - afaik the current doc only
> applies to lprng.

Uh...  Well, I do not see to many things specific to lprng there...
Here the lpr system is not too standard right now, so until I'll get
to put some interface to it in the printing code of Samba (or, for
that matter, when we switch to lprng or something else modern), I
define all the printer shares in smb.conf.

> Jelmer

  Thanks,
  -- Tom

--
  Tom Alsberg - hacker (being the best description fitting this space)
  Web page:	http://www.cs.huji.ac.il/~alsbergt/