Clean up winbindd locking

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sat Mar 8 10:10:23 GMT 2003

Is there any reason I should not apply this patch to Samba HEAD?

The current locking scheme in winbind is a complete mess - indeed, the
next step should be to push the locking into cli_full_connection(), but
I'll leave it for now.

This patch works on the noted behaviour that 2 parts of the connection
process need protection - and independent protection.  Tim Potter did
some work on this a little while back, verifying the second case.

The two cases are:
 - between connect() and first session setup
 - during the auth2 phase of the netlogon pipe setup.

I've removed the counter on the lock, as I fail to see what it gains us.

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College   abartlet at hawkerc.net