3.0a21 and HEAD: only primary group of a domain user is set on smbd

Ken Cross kcross at nssolutions.com
Wed Mar 5 21:17:04 GMT 2003

> Ken's patch is not required for posix users of winbind (ie
> the NSS subsystem).  It is required if you want (for a custom
> user interface) to know all the members of a particular
> group, but I'm not sure it's the right way to do it.  (I
> think a custom winbind command would do better).

I'm not being argumentative (really!), but the *main* reason for my
patch is that it will give you consistent information whether you've
joined an NT domain or an AD.  That is, all the group members will be
returned from WINBINDD_GETGRGID or WINBINDD_GETGRNAM either way.

Ken

Ken Cross

Network Storage Solutions
Phone 865.675.4070 ext 31