Detecting Windows OS Version through Samba

Simo Sorce simo.sorce at xsec.it
Wed Mar 5 17:57:04 GMT 2003

We have a specific exapansion variable that may be used inside smb.conf
to be replaced by remote OS signature, I cannot remember how it works
out which OS is on the other side or how accurate it is.

Look into smb.conf and search for %a

Simo.

Simo Sorce - simo.sorce at xsec.it
Xsec s.r.l.
via Durando 10 Ed. G - 20158 - Milano
tel. +39 02 2399 7130 - fax: +39 02 700 442 399