number of groups of NT account causes authentication problems

Richard Sharpe rsharpe at richardsharpe.com
Wed Mar 5 03:07:36 GMT 2003

On Tue, 4 Mar 2003, Gopal Bhat wrote:

> Hi,
> I did more experiments with this problem and found that 'SMBD' fails to
> authenticate when the Number of Groups an NT user belongs grows more
> than 14 (i.e. 15 or more).
> Thanks,
> Gopal

I can't have a look until tomorrow, but I wonder, is it possible that
Solaris 9 has a restriction that the user cannot be in more that 14
groups? I would think not, but will find it difficult to test tonight.

Besides, I can probably only test on Solaris 8.

If that is not the problem, then I would have to look at the code that
does setgroups and test on our platform.

--
Regards
-----