file descriptors consumed by printing

Tim Potter tpot at samba.org
Tue Mar 4 01:46:28 GMT 2003

On Sun, Mar 02, 2003 at 10:25:27PM -0800, Richard Sharpe wrote:

> > > Hmmm, Samba 2.2.x sets SV_TYPE_PRINTQ_SERVER unconditionaly.
> >
> > It's fixed in HEAD.
>
> Yeah, well someone forgot their janitorial duties :-)

There's an interesting story about that.  (-:  At the time I fixed this
problem we were in "don't touch the 2.2 branch unless it is a critical
bug fix", and also in "this will be the last version of 2.2 for sure"
mode.

I guess we are still in both those conditions again at the moment!

Here's the original problem report:

http://lists.samba.org/pipermail/samba-technical/2002-May/036866.html

Tim.