client: browse doesn't work with only win98 in workgroup

Derrell.Lipman at UnwiredUniverse.com Derrell.Lipman at UnwiredUniverse.com
Sat Mar 1 15:53:41 GMT 2003

Derrell.Lipman at UnwiredUniverse.com writes:

> "Christopher R. Hertel" <crh at ubiqx.mn.org> writes:
>
>> I am interested in looking into this, but I won't have time until the
>> weekend.

> In the mean time, I have modified smbw_dir.c to include a new function
> smbw_browse_workgroup_alternate() with the following patch.  The code is
> basically stolen from nmblookup.c.

More testing (and the "Duh!" factor upon reviewing the code) reveals that the
code I added does not find all hosts in a workgroup; it finds "some" of the
hosts.  Actually, it finds _one_ host each time it's run, not necessarily the
same host each time.  I'll have to work on this some more if the
cli_session_request() method can't be made to work properly with win98 and
win95 machines as master browsers.

Derrell