AIX segfault (was: Re: [Openantivirus-developer] Testing of samba-vscan HEAD branch)

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Mon Jun 30 11:41:30 GMT 2003

On Mon, Jun 30, 2003 at 01:11:41PM +0200, Stefan (metze) Metzmacher wrote about 'Re: AIX segfault (was: Re: [Openantivirus-developer] Testing of samba-vscan HEAD  branch)':
> >Stefan (metze) Metzmacher wrote:
> >[..]

> >[..]
> >>If the new snapshot didn't produce the same segfault,
> >>can you please try to comment out the openlog() line
> >>in sophos/vscan-sophos.c
> >>in the init_module() function.
> >>build vscan again and test if the segfault is there again.
> >>(I want to now if that was the reason for the segfault :-)

> >What's the current status? Fixed? If not, I may ask for a limited root
> >access on a AIX box.

> Seems like the -Wl,-bexpall,...  linker flag for linking smbd didn't work

> the module is loaded fine, but then it can't find the symbol
> smb_register_vfs()

> which is inside of smbd

> this problem also happens with all other samba modules...
Apparently all the symbols that should be exported need to be
specified explicitly. There are way too much symbols that can be used
by modules to specify them all. We could either write a script that
exports all functions in proto.h or search for another solution to
export all symbols.

Jelmer

--
Jelmer Vernooij <jelmer at nl.linux.org> - http://jelmer.vernstok.nl/