What's happend when the UID/SID mapping changes for a computer account ?

Raphaël Berghmans rberghmans at arafox.com
Fri Jun 27 08:32:04 GMT 2003

Hi,

Could you please tell me, what's happend when the UID/SID mapping
changes for a computer account ?

In my previous mail, I explain that suddenly every computers of my
domain was unable to connect to our samba logon server.

Before this problem, a 'net rpc vampire' was done to resynchronize the
samba ldap-sam with the NT4 PDC, and samba has been restarted, I suspect
that after this operation the UID/SID idmap mapping has been changed !

What do you think ?

Thank you for your help !

Regards,

--