Authentication denied

richard sirois richard_siroi50 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 25 16:52:20 GMT 2003

Hi, I'm runnng Samba on Linux Mandrake 9.1 as a stand-alone server, and
sharing a folder from a fat32 partition which was created by Win XP
Professional.  I do see in Network places, on my laptop that runs XP Home
edition, the name of the shared folder in the workgroup that I've setup.
However, it's asking for a username and password, although I haven't setup
any password on the shared folder permissions.  Not quite sure what to
enter.  Is there a solution to this?

Thanks,

Ben