Making more use of LDAP

Jong jongchoi at OpenLDAP.org
Mon Jun 23 16:13:06 GMT 2003

The LDAP content synchronization may deserve attention.
It has been designed for similar client update scenarios.
It has two operating modes : refreshOnly and refreshAndPersist.
In the latter case, updates to the synchronization content are
transmitted through a persistent connection between sync server and client,
while in the former, sync clients periodically poll the sync server.
The protocol is available as an I-D and OpenLDAP has a prototype
implementation.
- Jong