Samba and VFS module

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher metze at metzemix.de
Mon Jun 23 09:05:29 GMT 2003

At 10:48 23.06.2003 +0200, fabrice.deydier wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Is it possible to use the Recycle VFS module on a 2.2.8a release ?

there's a recycle module in 2.2.8a/example/VFS/recycle/

>I would like a VFS module to do this :
>When I copy files (and dir) in a share directory, I would like to copy
>them in
>an other directory (not shared).
>The objective is to archives all files.

It should be easy to write such a module.

But note in 2.2 you can use only one module per share
and in 3.0.0beta you can stack more then one module.

and in 2.2 you have to use the same configuration for a module for each share.
otherwise you'll get trouble.

in 3.0.0beta each instance of a module (on a per connection/share basis) is
able to have its own private data context.

metze