Is there a simple way to find out of the DC has restrict-anonymous set?

Richard Sharpe rsharpe at richardsharpe.com
Sat Jun 21 23:22:58 GMT 2003

Hi,

In our environment, which is a NAS, we would like to be able to inform the
administators that they need to create/supply an account for winbindd to
do its magic. This might also be needed if they are connecting our NAS to
a native-mode AD domain.

Is there something simple that we can do with wbinfo to determine this?
Since we have already asked them for an account that has privilege to join
the domain, perhaps we should try to get back the pwnam entry for that
account, and if it fails with anonymous access, clearly we need some real
account details (which might be the account used to join the domain).

Regards
-----