Samba 3.0 Schema changes

Ronny Bremer rbremer at future-gate.com
Thu Jun 19 05:11:47 GMT 2003

Steve,

> If there are two SIDs, this is no longer a single user from NT's
> perspective, but two separate users with a common name.  This will
give
> confusing and undesirable results when, upon authenticating to one
> domain, a user tries to access resources that were created on behalf
of
> the SID from the other domain.  What you really want here is domain
> trust, so your single user SID is recognized across multiple
domains.

ok, so in order to allow this user to be present in more then one
domain it still holds a single SID and then we need to add trusts to the
domain object?
Didn't know this, but it will definitely make it much easier ....

In that case we can stick with a single SID for the same user, no
matter how many domains we've got, interesting.

Thanks!

Ronny