Full NT/2K ACL Conformance

ZINKEVICIUS,MATT (HP-Loveland,ex1) matt.zinkevicius at hp.com
Wed Jun 18 17:16:53 GMT 2003

Hi Jose,
You might want to check out my "NT Security Semantics" patch I published a
while  back:
http://lists.samba.org/pipermail/samba-technical/2002-April/035899.html

It puts NT ACLs into extended attributes, implements proper ACL inheritance,
and use NT semantics to gate access. The version listed about is pretty old
though. I've been porting it to Samba 3 but it's hard to complete when they
change the VFS on a weekly basis :-) I'll post the samba 3 version as soon
as more testing is completed on it here.

Matt Zinkevicius
Software Engineer
Network Storage Array Solutions
Hewlett-Packard