libsmbclient multiple processes ... very confused.

Akshay V Rao avrao at us.ibm.com
Mon Jun 16 22:11:40 GMT 2003

I first had a deadlock when reading files using multiple forked process
from a single smb share. I thought it was due to the fact that I called
smbc_init before i forked the processes, and used shared memory to
communicate common data.  I then proceeded to rectify this by issuing the
smbc_init call after forking - in the individual foked processes, so they
are in different address spaces.  I still however, run into a deadlock
problem. When running the program set to 1 process, it works fine.  When
running the program set to 2 processes, it freezes.  I was wondering if
anyone could help me.  I am using Samba 2.2.7a.  Does Samba 3.0 take care
of this problem?