messenger service...

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Mon Jun 16 19:34:31 GMT 2003

On Mon, Jun 16, 2003 at 09:28:37PM +0300, Eugen SAVIN wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> This are the last 4 bytes (status bytes) from an UDP winpopup messenger
> service response (full UDP response packet size is 84 bytes):
> 03 00 01 1c
>
> If the operation would have been successful, those bytes should be set to 0.
>
> Any idea about what's going on?

Well... since you call those bytes "status bytes" and since they'd be zero
if the operation was successful, I will assume that they are an error
code.

In DOS and OS/2 format, those four bytes would be:

  Error Class:  0x03    ==     3  ==  Hardware error.
  Error Code:   0x1c01  ==  7169  ==  ????

I've looked at all of the sources I have and I cannot find an error code
with number 7169.  Hmmm...  The alternative is to read that value as in
Network byte order (which would be wrong) which gives a decimal value of
284.  I don't see anything for 284 either.

Okay... let's try NT_Status codes...

Considering byte order, the NT_Status code would be...

1C-010003

...which doesn't work either, since 1C should not be the first byte of an
NT Error code.

Hmmm...  I don't know, I'm afraid.  What is it that's actually causing the
message to fail?

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   crh at ubiqx.org