Samba CVS + WinXP

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Mon Jun 16 08:06:22 GMT 2003

On Mon, 16 Jun 2003, Alex Murphy wrote:

> Hello !!! im compile and configure Samba CVS (samba 3.0beta2) as PDC, in
> config samba used ldap, connections and addons mashine in samba domain all
> ok. login in winxp is bad, smbd.log error:
>
> [2003/06/16 10:50:14, 0] rpc_server/srv_pipe.c:api_pipe_netsec_process(1339)
>   Invalid auth info 68 or level 5 on schannel
> [2003/06/16 10:50:14, 0] rpc_server/srv_pipe_hnd.c:process_request_pdu(605)
>   process_request_pdu: failed to do schannel processing.

Looks like you are using WinXP or Win2K. Also looks like your client is
not configured to do schannel support. If my hunch is correct, then you
are using WinXP SP1.

Logon as the local machine administrator, launch the MMC console and edit
"Local Security Policy". In there you will find a registry entry called:
"Network: Digitally sign secure channel data (when possible)"

You will likely find that it is set to Disabled. Change that to Enabled,
and the error may go away. Please let me know what you find.

- John T.

--
John H Terpstra
Email: jht at samba.org