samba-3.0.0beta1 codeset issue on non-Linux

Toomas Soome Toomas.Soome at microlink.ee
Fri Jun 13 15:18:26 GMT 2003

Alexander Bokovoy wrote:

> Why do you not like to work with GNU iconv library?

how many versions of GNU package X you need to have in your system to
keep it up and running....

please don't make samba to be another piece of free sw, which needs to
have list of several pages of required packages, and supported versions
are conflicting with another 10 "free software" packages and one needs
to have all those conflicting packages to be installed to be able to
work....

toomas
--
I hope something GOOD came in the mail today so I have a REASON to
live!!