max smbd processes

Miles Roper mroper at westcoastdhb.org.nz
Fri Jun 13 05:15:48 GMT 2003

Hi,

Is anyone able to help with this?

I'm trying to include samba in a thinclient which we are building.  I'm
using samba 2.0.7 as that has the smallest memory footprint, even though
lacking some features the size is more important.  However, one feature I
would like to change is the amount of smbd processes which run.  I tried to
back port the max smbd processes from samba 2.2.x but ran into a few
problems with dependencies.  All I want to do is limit the smbd processes to
1 process.

Anyone got a hack to do that, it doesn't need to be pretty  :o)

Cheers

Miles