pam_smbpass and passdb backends

Steve Langasek vorlon at netexpress.net
Thu Jun 12 15:49:42 GMT 2003

On Thu, Jun 12, 2003 at 12:30:01PM -0300, Fernando Brunelli wrote:
> I tried and works well (smbclient, windows 98, 2000,XP, whatever).
> Looks like pam_smbpass doesn't support passdb backends...

Not so; the pam_smbpass module has been tested with smbpass, tdbsam, and
ldapsam backends.  Unless the passdb code has changed substantially
again since the last time I patched up the pam_smbpass code, this should
still be the case.  I'll try to test with 3.0beta1 shortly.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer