Looking for answers....

Bradley W. Langhorst brad at langhorst.com
Fri Jun 6 05:34:35 GMT 2003

On Wed, 2003-06-04 at 11:22, Tait Shrum wrote:
>  They have kids logging in during one period, finishing their
> work, then in the following period another kid logs in as their friend
> who just finished the work and copies it.  They don't want that to
> happen next year.
samba can't currently do limiting of logon times...
but that would be a real nightmare to administrate anyway.

I think you're better off having a strict policy regarding academic
integrity. It would fairly easy to write a script to see if the same
student logged in during two different class periods.

(ie catch bad apples after the fact rather than prevent the possibility
of being a bad apple)

> They also are needing some specific group based login scripts.  For
> instance if member of B11G1 then do a bunch of stuff....  Can you do
> that with Samba 2.2.8 or do we have to go with 3.0 alpha.
you can do arbitrary groups on the client with samba3
samba2 can already deal with users being parts of multiple groups on the
server - just use standard unix tools to assocate users with multiple
groups.

> If you can do these things with the current release of Samba, can you
> tell me how?  Thanks!
this belongs on samba at samba.org (not samba-technical)

brad
--