Windows Server 2003 with Samba 2.2.8 as PDC: Profile not loaded

Tobias Burnus tobias.burnus at physik.fu-berlin.de
Thu Jun 5 12:55:03 GMT 2003

Hi,

we have a Windows Server 2003 which is in a domain where the PDC (which
also serves the home directories and thus the Profile).

The problem is that I get displayed as soon as I log in:
  Windows did not load your roaming profile and is attempting to log you
  on with your local profile. Changes to the profile will not be copied to
  the server when you logoff. Windows did not load your profile because a
  server copy of the profile already exists that does not have the correct
  security or the Administrator's group must be the owner of the folder.
  Contact your network administrator.

I actually have no 'Profile' directory in my home.

In the log file I found (for the home directory serving NetBIOS name):
[2003/04/16 14:47:05, 0, pid=1135700, effective(4796, 498), real(0, 0)]
smbd/nttrans.c:(1762)
  call_nt_transact_ioctl: Currently not implemented.

and in the log file of the PDC (NetBIOS name):
[2003/05/15 12:58:32, 0, pid=1006478, effective(0, 1), real(0, 0)]
rpc_server/sr
v_samr.c:(670)
  api_samr_set_userinfo: Unable to unmarshall SAMR_Q_SET_USERINFO.

(The computer has two netbios names, one for the PDC and one for the
home directories.)

Any ideas what has gotten wrong?

Tobias

PS:
a) We don't have ACLs enabled since the make problems with our Tru64
   Cluster.
b) We applied the WinXP_SignOrSeal.reg to the Win2003 server.
c) rdesktop is really a cool way to test these problems and samba is also
cool :-)