winbindd: msrpc vs. ads methods & domain trusts between ADS and NT4

Chere Zhou qzhou at isilon.com
Wed Jun 4 23:54:41 GMT 2003

The problem I am seeing is that nt4 users are not authenticated.  wbinfo
--sequence always show the domain is disconnected.   Then I started wbinfo
--sequence, and debug winbindd, it shows that the ads method of getting
sequence number is called, and of course failed.

I don't see where is the magic bit to drop back to RPC.  This is for a
trusted domain.  Why would you always try ADS if it is an NT4 PDC?