interdomain trust rpc error (error in winbindd?)

Jeremy Drake jeremyd at apptechsys.com
Thu Jul 31 22:43:21 GMT 2003

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> > running the cvs code fixes that particular problem.  Now I am getting a
> > new error.  When I browse from a machine in a trusted win2k domain to a
> > win2k member of a trusting samba domain, I get the following error:
> >
> > The system detected a possible attempt to compromise security. Please
> > ensure that you can contact the server that authenticated you.
>
> Can you retest the latest CVS ?  I fixed one problem in the spnego
> negotiate code.  I'm reproducing your problem but am getting a message
> about the account being disabled.

If it helps, here's my setup.  There is an AD domain and a samba domain.
The samba domain trusts the AD domain.  XP box is a member of the AD
domain, 2k box is a member of the samba domain.  When I browse from XP box
to samba box, everything is good (now that I have the latest code).  When
I browse from XP box to 2k box, I get the security message above.  Using
3.0beta2 smbclient from a member of the AD domain to access 2k box works
properly.

Hope this helps you figure things out!