interdomain trust rpc error (error in winbindd?)

Jeremy Drake jeremyd at apptechsys.com
Thu Jul 31 19:26:56 GMT 2003

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> Again, this sounds like an old bug (a week old).  Can you check what
> domain is being sent in the rpc bind that fails?  It should be the
> destination domain.  I've tested your exact scenario and everything
> works.

running the cvs code fixes that particular problem.  Now I am getting a
new error.  When I browse from a machine in a trusted win2k domain to a
win2k member of a trusting samba domain, I get the following error:

The system detected a possible attempt to compromise security. Please
ensure that you can contact the server that authenticated you.

The event logs on the box I'm trying to connect to have entries regarding
group policy not being applied because it is a member of a downlevel
domain.  Could this be the problem, or am I missing something stupid here?

Thanks