Answer own auth request

Charlie Fulton ccfulton at unity.ncsu.edu
Mon Jul 21 18:40:31 GMT 2003

I posted this to the regular samba list a while back with no response.
Maybe someone more familiar with the inner workings can enlighten me.

I'd like to synchronize windows and web logins (I'm using Zope).
There's a plugin for Zope that works great, so long as the
authentication comes from another machine but in my case samba and Zope
live on the same machine.  So...

Is it possible to have samba answer an auth request that comes from
itself?

Baring something simple, could I do it with some virtual host trickery
perhaps?

I'm using samba 2.2.7 on Red Hat 7.3

Thanks,
Charlie