Authentication through transitive trusts

Marc Kaplan MKaplan at snapappliance.com
Fri Jul 18 22:29:01 GMT 2003

I actually have noticed that the operatingSystem and the
operatingSystemVersion change, but I never correlated it to anything. What I
just found is that it doesn't matter if you connect with a downlevel client,
the ldap record gets changed when ANY client tries to connect.

Here are the steps I took:
1. Joined the ads domain
2. Ran a net ads status
3. Connect via smb (net use * \\sambaserver\share1) using the DC as a client
i.e DC--conn--->Samba Server
4. Ran a net ads status.

I'm attaching the result of 2. 4. and a diff of the two.