Authentication through transitive trusts

Antti Andreimann Antti.Andreimann at mail.ee
Fri Jul 18 21:12:58 GMT 2003

Antti Tikkanen wrote:

> I had problems adding my Samba server with a DNS name like
> samba.example.com to a Windows domain windows.example.com, and had to add
> a few SPN's (HOST/samba.example.com and CIFS/samba.example.com) manually
> to get the W2k clients to use Kerberos. (I don't know if this is even
> supposed to work without manual tricks?)

This is supposed to work automatically, however if You have set up the realm
in smb.conf to be something different than the realm where the server is a
member, samba will give out wrong hints about what principals to use for
connecting. However w2k should ignore those hints AFAIK.

--
          Antti Andreimann
      Using Linux since 1993