Silly reads from WinXP/OfficeXP against Samba 3.0

Oktay Akbal oktay.akbal at s-tec.de
Wed Jul 16 07:34:36 GMT 2003

This does indeed work around the problem. At least what when we talk about
performance on editing the file. But I still think, that a bit to much
network traffic is caused (not that high as before).

At least with samba3.0 and one specific Test-Document, setting CacheSize
to 2048 or higher works. 512 or 1024 not. THis might be because the
Test Doc is about 2.5Mb.

And of course this has not been seen against WinNt4- or W2k-Servers.
I read about "rabbit-pellet", but I assume that noone has further hints
on how this is caused on non-Win-Servers ?

Oktay

Oktay Akbal
S-Tec Datenverarbeitung GmbH
Feuerbachstr. 8