CVS update: samba/source/libsmb

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Jul 16 00:45:19 GMT 2003

On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 12:38:13AM +0000, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 15, 2003 at 11:51:56PM +0000, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> >
> > - On 'client smb signing = required':
> >  - I think we should bail out only after a successful non-guest session setup,
> >    or if we are put into share level security.
>
> Actually I've thought some more about this - the Microsoft client will
> immediately bail if the negprot doesn't support signing... I think the
> current code is correct here.

Fine by me - just make sure we don't allow silly-buggers with a server claiming
to be < NT1 and supporting signing (as we will not trigger the 'start signing'
for that case) and for 'securitybits=share|signing'

Checking this stuff earlier certainly makes it easier to verify (implmenting
'client plaintext auth' and 'client lanman auth' was much more difficult than
I expected, as I wanted to continue to support guest logins...).