Samba 3.0.0 support for iconv on FreeBSD (at least 4.6.2)

Richard Sharpe rsharpe at richardsharpe.com
Thu Jul 10 17:53:23 GMT 2003

Hi,

I have added code to configure.in to properly detect the use of
iconv-2.0.3 which comes from the ports collection as well as GNU libiconv.

I have not tested the GNU libiconv detection thoroughly though.

Also, for iconv-2.0.3, you will need to modify
/usr/local/share/iconv/charset.aliases to support the charset names that
Samba wants to use. ASCII needs to be added to the one called us-ascii (I
think) and UCS-2LE needs to be added to ucs-2-internal, I think.

Hope this helps.

I have tested the chanes on RedHat 9.0 as well, and they are currently in
CVS only.

Regards
-----