LDAP Fixes

Matt Roberts mattro at cowboy.net
Wed Jul 9 01:27:52 GMT 2003

On Tuesday 08 July 2003 08:04, Jerry Carter wrote:

> - -lresolv was needed by older versions of OpenLDAP 2.0, but not 2.1 IIRC.

That may be true, I am using the 2.0.25-ish version of OpenLDAP.  Is the 2.1
going to be a requirement for 3.0 when it is released, or do you want to
support both?

Somebody mentioned earlier in the list that the resolv library is detected
earlier in 'configure' and I did notice that, but I wasn't sure how to use
that value to make sure that LDAPLIBS was properly updated.  The problem is
that even if LIBS includes lresolv, I don't think it is provided in the
right-most position so that when smbd links (I was using a static LDAP
module) it finds what it needs at the right time in the link process.

I wouldn't mind digging further into 'configure.in' but what changes need to
be made depends on whether or not you want to support the OpenLDAP 2.0 libs.
I was just trying to get it to compile so I could play with the new LDAP
features, and thought I'd share what I found.