problem storing the DomainSID on a SambaBDC

Guillaume LACHENAL glachenal at on-x.com
Tue Jul 8 09:59:13 GMT 2003

Hi,

trying to setup a samba-3.0.0beta2 BDC, we first fetch the Domain SID
from the PDC (a samba-3.0.0beta2 one) :

user at bdc2:~$ sudo net rpc getsid -S PDC -w DOMAIN
Storing SID S-1-5-21-xxxxxxxxx-yyyyyyyy-zzzzzzzzz for Domain DOMAIN in
secrets.tdb

checking all is OK :

user at bdc2:~$ sudo net getlocalsid
SID for domain BDC2 is: S-1-5-21-xxxxxxxxx-yyyyyyyy-zzzzzzzzz

user at bdc2:~$ sudo net getlocalsid DOMAIN
[2003/07/08 13:34:32, 0] utils/net.c:net_getlocalsid(366)
   Can't fetch domain SID for name: DOMAIN

using tdbdump, we can't see an entry for SECRETS/SID/DOMAIN

let me say I first typed this mail yesterday when setting BDC1, but when
reviewing the command I issued, 'getlocalsid DOMAIN' suddently worked
... making me thinking I'm totaly mad :-( (BDC1 is now running without
any problem). Today issuing the same commands in the same order on bdc2
(same base setup) I enable to make things working .

as a hack, is there a way to insert the domain SID using tdbtool ?
(I assume yes ;-). Is there any doc around for this great piece of code ?

any help welcome !

cheers,

  -Guillaume-