Wrong usage of lp_idmap_backend() value?

Simo Sorce simo.sorce at xsec.it
Fri Jul 4 08:11:27 GMT 2003

On Fri, 2003-07-04 at 09:28, Jeremy Allison wrote:

> > I don't see a point in having the passdb backend and idmap backend parameters
> > be different. Why not merge them to one? If you have a LDAP passdb backend, you
> > also use it for idmap. If you have a smbpasswd or tdb passdb backend, you only
> > use the local stuff.
>
> Please fix your quoting. I didn't write the above (I think it's silly :-).
>
> Jerry and I have been discussing the idmap mess further... watch this space.

It would be nice if you tell us something, as me and others have
discussed that as well for long.

For the particulare instance I'd say Volker minimalist approach is not
enough.

1. smbpasswd would be better if died :-))
2. tdbsam should be able to use the local idmap as well a remote map
(not necessarily trough ldap, but ldap must be one of the possible means
of comunication imho).

Simo.

Simo Sorce - simo.sorce at xsec.it
Xsec s.r.l. - http://www.xsec.it
via Durando 10 Ed. G - 20158 - Milano
mobile: +39 329 328 7702
tel. +39 02 2399 7130 - fax: +39 02 700 442 399