New MS UID Management System

Esh, Andrew Andrew_Esh at adaptec.com
Thu Jul 3 17:59:37 GMT 2003

I was focusing on the last paragraph:
"Microsoft's Michael Stephenson, lead Windows Server product manager, said
that the new ID management system would automate many of the steps needed to
add and remove user accounts from corporate networks, and also make it
easier for users and administrators to manage passwords."

This made me think of LDAP, PostgreSQL database user storage, and winbindd.
I did not get the impression that the technical specifics of user
authentication is changing, but the information gathering and account
management methods are.