Wrong usage of lp_idmap_backend() value?

Simo Sorce simo.sorce at xsec.it
Thu Jul 3 08:50:12 GMT 2003

On Thu, 2003-07-03 at 10:47, Stefan (metze) Metzmacher wrote:
> At 10:34 03.07.2003 +0200, Simo Sorce wrote:
> >On Thu, 2003-07-03 at 10:01, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> >
> > > The problem is that we want to run idmap_ldap without pdb_ldap (for
> > > winbind distributed IDMAP).
> > >
> > > But yes - we need a way to make this foolproof.
> >
> >if you do not use ldap for users, it is really silly that you are forced
> >to use it for idamp.
> >
> >I do not think any will want top use idmap_ldap if not yet using
> >pdb_ldap.
>
> maybe but I think we should be so flexible to support such things!
> and a modular system that is not limited by special assumptions!

True, I had been unclear.

What I want to say is not that we should forbid it if useful, but that
shouldn't be the sole mechanism for idmap-webs

We should make also possible to use simple tcp connections, maybe based
on the same winbindd protocol, or something like that, so that you can
do without ldap.

Simo.

Simo Sorce - simo.sorce at xsec.it
Xsec s.r.l. - http://www.xsec.it
via Durando 10 Ed. G - 20158 - Milano
mobile: +39 329 328 7702
tel. +39 02 2399 7130 - fax: +39 02 700 442 399