CVS update: samba/source/passdb

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Jul 1 08:00:12 GMT 2003

On Tue, 2003-07-01 at 14:26, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> On 1 Jul 2003, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
>
> > I would love to see the specific example of how get_global_sam_name()
> > (rather than one of the callers) was broken.  The other changes all
> > looked pretty sane (or understandable until we get the trustdom cache
> > working), but this one just looked odd.   That's why I replied to the
> > commit message.
>
> You told me to use get_global_sam_name() in make_user_info_map() remember?
> But it always mapped unknown users to our local netbios name instead
> of domain name like a windows server would.  Remember the test volker ran
> on IRC about 12 hours ago?

I remember the test - and thought we came to the opposite result, hence
the recommendation.  The code as it stands is how I would expect it to
be - and if that is what the testing showed then great.  All I can say
in my defence it that it was about 1am my time...

> > I think what we need is a get_default_domain_name() call, that does what
> > get_global_sam_name() now does.
>
> Already fixed dude.  Update your cvs tree.

Thankyou very much - particularly for the comments explaining what each
does.  I'm sorry the lack of clear documentation contributed to the
original confusion.

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College   abartlet at hawkerc.net