[Samba] RE: Winbind on HPUX11, Totally Stuck, Please Help

MCCALL,DON (HP-USA,ex1) don_mccall at hp.com
Fri Jan 31 15:53:24 GMT 2003

Hi, Miles,
Actually on HP-UX, you will need to add the word 'debug' at the end of each
of
the lines in you /etc/pam.conf file, to enable more debugging to go into the

/var/adm/syslog/syslog.log file.

One thing that I have seen something like this happen on is if the
/etc/shells file is corrupt, or if the shell that is defined for the user
(since they don't have a /etc/passwd entry, this would be whatever you put
in
template in the smb.conf) does not exactly match one of the lines in
/etc/shells,
or the defaults, if this file does not exist.
The defaults for 11.0 are:

                                    /sbin/sh
                                    /usr/bin/sh
                                    /usr/bin/rsh