Samba and XP

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Fri Jan 31 06:33:40 GMT 2003

Danny, Mike,

I should have mentioned that I use BOTH MS Windows XP Home and XP
Professional with Samba-2.2.7a. Both with and without Service Pack 1.

You should note that XP Home is a very different beast from XP Pro.
SP Home has NO domain security facilities or abilities. When you upgrade
XP Home to XP Pro the size of the installed image increases by about 200
MB.

Both interoperate fine with Samba-2.2.7a.

- John T.

--
John H Terpstra
Email: jht at samba.org