[Samba] RE: Winbind on HPUX11, Totally Stuck, Please Help

Miles Roper mroper at westcoastdhb.org.nz
Fri Jan 31 03:54:01 GMT 2003

Hi Everyone,

I'm forgetting about the password one at the moment, thanks for all your
input :o)

I still don't have a clue how to solve my main problem.  I'm assuming that
its not actually winbind related now, as I've recently tried pam_smb and get
the same basic problem.

Basically, when I log into the UNIX box, the username/password of a NT user
is being authenticated, but doesn't actually log in.  It doesn't get past
the password line.  I know it accepts the password.  Its almost as if it
can't find the shell.  But the template variable is set within the smb.conf
file.  Permissions are fine.  I have exactly the same problem with the
pam_smb module.

If there is any further information I can send let me know.

Ideas?

Thanks

Miles