Samba and XP

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Thu Jan 30 21:31:05 GMT 2003

On Thu, 30 Jan 2003, Mike Grube wrote:

> Ok, I just wanna make sure, samba works with Windows XP right? I have
> two computers on my network with windows XP and I was about to install
> samba, but if it doesn't work I'm gonna freak out. Mike Grube

What specifically do you mean by "works"?

If have a samba controlled domain. My XP machines are members of the
domain. I am NOT aware of any problems. All applications work just fine
whether they use local resources or domain resources.

Then again, your mileage may vary. It all depends on what you mean by
"works"! My crystal ball is in need of some maintenance - it does not
give me a clear indication of what your needs are.

- John T.
--
John H Terpstra
Email: jht at samba.org