FW: amiga suvival (fwd) - feedback to the Samba team!

Ulf Bertilsson ulf.bertilsson at adcomdata.no
Tue Jan 28 15:56:40 GMT 2003

> On Mon, 27 Jan 2003, Ulf Bertilsson wrote:
>
> > I think the Samba dev team could use this good
> > message in such an dark cold winterday :)
> >
> > How cool is it that there are Amiga computers running Samba,
> > even PDC functionality! :)
> >
> > My regards to the team for their good efforts.
>
> This is a classic post.  I'm saving this one :-)
> Thanks.
>
> cheers, jerry

We're the all old school computha nuttha! ;D

Both 2.0.x and 2.2.5 are now based around an nice posix wrapper
using custom gcc compiler, rather than the core custom "embedded" compiler.

(Correction Olaf ?)

To make things more fun I'm actualy running it in emulated alien evil enviroment.
(X86 hosted, "briged/wrapped" IO space, native 68k NIC drivers)

Think that's it's possible to run your old dusty 14mhz 4 meg
child computer as fullblown SMB server.

(I din't have NIC cards some years ago and used an nullmodem connection as link)

The Amiga Samba Mailinglist now consist of 298 users :)

All give their best regards to the orginal developers for their time spendt
on this project and not at least your hero Olaf Barthel bringing it all down to neat slik 68k code.

Do anybody beat AmigaOS KB/S vs MIPS ?...

VMS ?

--
Ulf
Some newer grow up...