ldap backend rejoining domain problem

Bradley W. Langhorst brad at langhorst.com
Tue Jan 28 14:00:55 GMT 2003

> > I'm using the smbldap tools and have
> > delete user script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-userdel.pl %u
>
> I don't delete the user at all.  It could be a bug in your delete user
> script.

ah - this is what i'm suggesting - that samba automatically delete the
machine account when it a machine leaves the domain.
I don't know if it should be via that delete user script (but i don't
think it gets called during domain unjoining).

The script does work okay when run at the command line.

Do you think that auto-deletion of machine accounts makes sense?
I think it does because you can end up with a bunch of orphan machine
accounts over time as various mahcines leave the domain and rejoin under
different names.

brad