Drive already connected Error in Windows 2000

Grierson, Garry (UK07) Garry.Grierson at honeywell.com
Tue Jan 28 11:26:29 GMT 2003

I have been successfully running with Samba 2.0.7 for more than a year now
but am having problems using version 2.2.7

Drive connections to windows 2000 systems have started coming up with 'Drive
already connected' errors.
When I look at the SMBD processes running on the samba server there are
several deamons running that are not currently used. There is also more than
one connection per client machine and I cant seem to kill -15 (or even kill
-9) these smbd deamons.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated!