Limitations of Samba-2.2.x as a domain member talking to an AD domain controller

Jim McDonough jmcd at us.ibm.com
Fri Jan 24 14:22:01 GMT 2003

>I run version 2.2.6 Samba file and print servers in a mixed
>AD network. I'm anxiously awaiting the production release
>of 3.0 because we are rapidly moving toward a native mode AD
>network in which my Samba servers won't authenticate.
Damian, can you go into more detail about "my Samba servers won't
authenticate"?  Native Mode should be OK, but you'll need to go into the
built-in groups, and find the "Pre-Windows 2000 Compatibility" (or
something like that) group.  You'll need to add the "Everyone" built-in
group to it.  Just add it like you would add any other group into it.  Once
you've done this, you should be able to authenticate.

----------------------------
Jim McDonough
IBM Linux Technology Center
Samba Team