Workstation Trust Accounts

Nicki Messerschmidt, Linksystem Muenchen GmbH samba at alienn.net
Thu Jan 23 14:47:01 GMT 2003

Hi there,
I have a really ugly problem, which, as I know is partially selfmade.
But to the problem:
I have five servers running samba-2.2.3a-12 (latest Debian Woody
release) which are controlled by one master server. All of the five
servers act as pdc for an own nt-domain. Now to keep the administrative
work as low as possible I have this one master server. Via this server
we/our customer adds/deletes all user accounts. This works as expected
and cvs is my friend here. The users can change their passwords via nt,
because the scripts for "passwd program" manage this part. But (!) now
our machines start to change their workstation trust account "passwords"
and for this I found no possibility to execute a script if this happens.
Does anyone of you know how I can handle this problem? And I don't want
to update to samba 3.0 with ldap (as in: [1]).

[1]
http://groups.google.de/groups?hl=de&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&threadm=20030
116115009%24613a%40gated-at.bofh.it&rnum=2&prev=/groups%3Fhl%3Dde%26lr%3
D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8%26q%3Dsmbpasswd%2Bworkstation%2Btrust%2Bacco
unt

Cheers
Nicki

Linksystem Muenchen GmbH                          info at link-m.de
Schloerstrasse 10                           http://www.link-m.de
80634 Muenchen                              Tel. 089 / 890 518-0
We make the Net work.                       Fax 089 / 890 518-77