smbc_lseek in libsmbclient

Tuomas Niinimäki taniinim at cc.hut.fi
Sun Jan 19 22:37:00 GMT 2003

Greetings,

I'm having problems with smbc_lseek. It seems like 'whence' parameter
gets corrupted for some reason. All other smbc_ functions work ok, and
even smbc_lseek will work, if I force whence to be SEEK_SET (only option
I currently need) in libsmb_compat.c or libsmbclient.c.

Thus, something very weird is happening. This happens both with
libsmbclient coming with 2.2.7a and with HEAD from CVS. No difference
between gcc-3.0.4 and 3.2.2.

I've provided a sample program where this problem occurs; naturally this
same problem occured in several other programs as well, but I coded this
simple testcase to be really sure.

http://parasite.tky.hut.fi/~tumu/lseek_test.c

--
Tuomas Niinimäki <taniinim at cc.hut.fi>