disk_free routines

Ron Cococcia ron at request.com
Fri Jan 17 23:30:00 GMT 2003

Hi,
	I've been working with samba for a few days (2.2.7a), trying to get it to
use my dfree program.  I've added a global option "dfree command =
/usr/local/samba/bin/dfree", and testparms displays that line.

	I had been trying to get it to call my program, but it never seems to call
it (I have it output the free space to stdout and to a log file).  The log
file is never created though.  So I added some DEBUG statements into
disk_free (smbd/dfree.c) to see if those routines are ever being called, and
I couldn't find any output in log.smbd referring to the statements I added.

	Going on with this for a while, I figured the best thing to do is try to
find out when the disk_free routines are supposed to be called.  Looking
through the code I haven't found anything obvious as to why they wouldn't be
called.  So I'm really quite stumped.  Anybody have any information on how
often the disk_free routines get called, and what triggers them to be
called?

TIA,
Ron